This year millions of Americans will be moving their residence across the country, but many know little to nothing about shipping their cars to their new house.
Auto Transport compiled this top 10 list for you:
- Drain your fuel level to less than half tank.
- All alarm systems should be disabled, disconnected, or turned off.
- All personal items should be removed from your car. Most auto shippers will not accept a vehicle for delivery if it contains personal possessions.
- Pickup or Delivery date: Car transport companies do not promise a delivery date,
however, if your car transport company offers a guarantee that covers a rental car, find
out the cost of the guarantee and the maximum dollars day covered.
- Once pick-up is made, your car transport company should provide you with a fairly
precise delivery date.
- Make sure you receive an auto transport inspection report, which shows pick-up and
delivery information, current mileage of the vehicle, and MOST IMPORTANTLY shows the
condition of your car at time of pick-up.
- Delivery - inspect your vehicle SLOWLY AND CAREFULLY and compare the condition and
mileage against the "Original Inspection Report" that you received at the origin (also
inspect the roof and front and rear bumpers).
- The odometer readings should be noted at pickup and delivery of the vehicle.
- The balance is always required at time of delivery and usually only a cashiers check or
cash are accepted. If you want to pay by credit card